Wednesday 14 March 2012

We had a cup of tea and talked about her being asleep.

Little E slept for four hours this morning!
The first two were fantastic, I leapt around the house. flung open the windows and cleaned! I felt so energetic. I emptied cupboards of junk and scrubbed my kitchen work tops. Then I kept thinking any minute now she will wake up so everything was done with a real sense of urgency, just get one more thing done before she wakes up, I stuffed a load of washing on the machine, sorted out some washing, had a shower.....checked the baby monitor was working?
Yep still working.
So I dried my hair, had a good chat on the phone to my friend, moped the floors, hoovered.
She was still asleep??
Was she ok?
I went upstairs to check the sats monitor was working (it would have alarmed if it wasn't durrrr)
still asleep?
I now didn't know how to react. Was she ok? Bit sweaty and wheezing but sats were 97 and heart rate 110 all pretty normal for little E but it was not normal for her to sleep this long. I just couldn't relax, I imagined her all floppy, possibly slipping into a coma or something. I had a feeling in my tummy of guilt, maybe I should have taken her to the hospital cause her chest infection hasnt got better.
I sat and watched her sleep, then I called my mum to come and watch her sleep!! We then had a cup of tea and talked about her being asleep and wasnt it unusual that she was sleeping so long!
Mum went home.
I did an online food shop and she was STILL asleep.
I thought come on you silly woman get a grip she is fine she obviously just needs a really good sleep.
So I went and found my book, which was thick with dust (well I have been a bit busy!) Sat down feeling pleased with myself that the house looked pretty clean, I was dressed and hair done (miracle) and feeling quite excited at the prospect of reading my book,I curled up on the sofa, opened the book and then......
She woke up!

Note to self: enjoy the peace while you can.
Note to self: you could have had 4 hours sleep this morning you daft numpty!!!

the smile she gave me when she woke up was just perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment